Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Quick Update

I realized I never gave an update following the post after my radiation was canceled on Friday.  Unfortunately the x-ray machine needed to direct the gamma ray within 1mm of the tumor needed a new part.  That part was coming from England so no radiation again today :(.  I did find out yesterday so I was able to make today worth my while.

I went to the dentist because my 6 month check-up was supposed to be March 30 and that would be right in the midst of chemo.  Plus, the information packet from the hospital suggested patients go to the dentist before starting chemo.  I am cavity free.  Thank goodness because I'm pretty sure if I needed a filling I would fall off the deep end.

At this point, chemo is DEFINITELY happening this Thursday, March 7.  As for radiation, I am scheduled for March 15.  That way I will have a week to recuperate after chemo.

I am happy something is moving forward, but disappointed radiation was not first.  I am dreaming of pain relief and chemo will not offer that until months into treatment.  So, the aftermath of this treatment will most likely be worse than others because I will still be suffering from the back pain.  Fingers crossed that things are not as bad as I foresee them in my head.  

No comments:

Post a Comment