Friday, March 1, 2013

Bump in the Road

So, Frank and I were half way to Jefferson Hospital this morning when my phone rang.  It was a nurse calling to CANCEL my radiation because the machine is broken.  I cannot believe this.  I was so upset and confused.  Apparently the engineers at Jeff are not able to fix the problem so the manufacturer needs to come.  They swear I can have radiation on Monday because the company is able to expedite parts and fix machines on the weekends.  I hope so, because I NEED this treatment.  I am so stressed thinking about the fact that the cancer cells are multiplying with each passing day.

I will know by this afternoon if they can fit me in on Monday.  As of right now, my oncologist said we can stay on schedule with the start of my chemo.  Stay tuned for updates throughout the day as I get them.

UPDATE: The machine's part will not be in until Monday morning.  So....I will be getting radiation on TUESDAY, March 5 at 11:30. Here's hoping this actually happens.  I was so mentally prepared for it today.

I am taking today as a chance to catch up on things.  I am uploading pictures onto Shutterfly so that I can work on Hudson's first year of life yearbook.  I am also going to work on his baby book.  There are so many post-its stuck in there.  I need to write the information on the pages.  I threw some laundry in too (but Frank will help with most of that).  I am also going to take advantage of this weekend and hopefully see some friends/family.  I had planned to rest and heal from the treatment, but instead, I will use this three-day weekend as a mini-staycation:)

3 comments:

  1. Caity, I'm sad to hear about your cancer and that it is your second time around. It sounds like you are already ahead of the game. You have a positive attitude and try to make light of the situation! Thank you for sharing your story! I will be thinking and praying for your recovery!
    -Kelly Rod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caity I am so sorry that you had to have this delay. You amaze me with your postitive attitude. This will truly be your saving grace. Attitude is everything. I totally believe in mind/body medicine. Hang in there. You know I will rock the pink for you!! One thing I have alot of is PINK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caity, I've just "stumbled" upon you today. Thank you for sharing your story. I am a SGK 3-Day "Addict" (Walker) and will add you to my list that I carry with me - with your permission, and will pray for you. Bump in the road sucks, but it'll get done. I've got a lot of pink and a lot of Pink Friends and we'll all be rocking the pink for you this week. Stay strong Caity - you can do this! Message me anytime - kkane1112@gmail.com Many hugs, and much pink love, Karin from NJ

    ReplyDelete