Wednesday, June 5, 2013

New Round of Treatments

Well, it is noon (on Monday, June 3rd) and I have yet to begin my infusion.  My appointment with my doctor was scheduled for 10am but I did not see her until around 11am!  We did not get across the hall to infusion until 1130 and I am still sitting here waiting for my medicines.  Today is going to be an extra long day.

Finally, got started at 12:30pm!  The round of drugs starts with 50mg of Benadryl!  I will be sleeping in no time.  Although the steroids might wake me right back up.

**It is now 6:07am on Tuesday morning and I am wide awake thanks to those pesky steroids.  I have to take a dose at 8am and another at 8pm so I am hoping to get a lot of stuff done around the house with the crazy energy they give me.

Anyway, let me get back to sharing about yesterday's treatment.  So, I was very tired after the Benadryl but unable to sleep.  I was out of it though.  I was talking slow and my eyes were heavy.  During that time I had to wait for almost an hour for the pharmacy to remake a new dose of the steroids since they made far too much to begin with.  That held everything up since nothing else could be administered until after I got them.

During this time of waiting, I thought it would be a great time to send an email to my co-worker asking her to pay for my coffee order since I was going to miss the deadline.  Side note: I teach English as a Second Language and my co-worker is bilingual in English and Spanish.  I however, studied French for seven years (know hardly any anymore) and only took one semester of Spanish.  Before I went to hit send I tried to proofread my email through the blurry Benadryl eyes and much to my surprise, the email was in SPANISH!  Not sure how accurate, but from what I do know, I am sure I asked her..."Would you pay...coffee with milk?  Haha!  Apparently a different part of my brain was triggered when that IV began to drip Benadryl.

**It is now after 9pm on Wednesday night and I am just getting around to finishing up this entry.  I had a very good day yesterday.  The steroids kept me going until about 2pm.  From 11am until 2pm my mom and I went to Chipotle for lunch, AC Moore for craft supplies and Carter's to find a new hat for Huddy's big head (no luck there).  We got home and I crashed.  I was out for over an hour but other than fatigue, I felt great.  It was not comparable to the last treatments at all.  No body aches, no nausea, no dizziness, just a little tingly in the heals of my feet for a few seconds twice (that can become more of a problem as the medicine begins to build up in my system though.)

Today I went to work until 2pm (or as I like to call it, nap time).  That is when I hit the wall of exhaustion again.  But other than that, again I felt great.  I was able to enjoy our morning picnic with our ESL students and had a chance to begin cleaning up my classroom.  I came home, took my nap, had dinner with my in-laws and then came up to bed to finish Hudson's photo book.  The 50% off sale ended tonight, so I had to get it done!

Now I am trying to calm down so I can get a decent night's sleep tonight.  If all my treatments are like this, my summer will be pretty enjoyable!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update, Caity! You are awesome! Very impressed with your bilingual coffee order. Can't wait for an email next time :)

    ReplyDelete