Monday, June 10, 2013

Talk About a Stressful Day...

Poor Hudson had a little sore under his left armpit over the weekend and when I checked it this morning it had tripled in size, was raw and peeling and he cried if I touched it!  I knew he had to get to the doctor, but.....I had chemo.  So, the phone calls to grandparents commenced.  We were able to get Frank's parents and my mom to help watch him and get him to the doctor.  THANK GOD!

But, that meant we left a few minutes later than necessary to get to the doctor.  No biggie, right?  WRONG. We drove more than 15 minutes away with the car seat in the back of our car!  So, we turned around and called the doctor to left them know we would be a little late.  Somehow we were only 16 minutes late, impressive seeing as rain usually means all people forget how to drive.  When we pulled into the parking lot, I opened the door to grab my wallet and of course my entire laptop bag landed directly onto the end of my second toe.  Damn that hurt.  It still hurts, actually!

While I was at my appointment, everything went smoothly.  All drugs were the correct dosage so there was no extra waiting.  Instead of leaving at 5 we were home by 4 this time.  All positive things!

The worst part of the day was waiting for my mom to call us and let us know what was wrong with Hudson. I cried on the drive to the doctor because I could not be with him at his appointment.  All the moms out there know how much you want to comfort your sick babies.  He has a form of cellulitis.  The doctor swabbed it to identify the actual bacteria, but until then he is on an oral and cream antibiotic for the next week.  He cried in the tub when the water ran down his arm, poor thing.  I gave him Motrin to help take the pain away for him.

When we got home it was spitting outside a little but we took Huddy out to walk around the driveway anyway.  He had a long day, but loves his time outside.  I went out without a hat and let the rain bounce off my almost bald head.  A while later we were sitting on the porch and my mom came over to me with a strange look on her face.  "What's on your head?" she asked.  I had no clue.  After closer examination, she realized it was bird poop.  Apparently the rain drops I felt under the tree were actually bird shit!  It was a three baby wipe cleanup! I know the belief is it's good luck when a bird poops on your head and I certainly could use any amount of luck.  But, to whoever spreads the luck out there, do you think next time it could be a little less messy?  Perhaps a four leaf clover or a cute little ladybug landing on my hand.  Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I can't beleive it was bird poop!! You poor thing but it is a little funny. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny - about the bird poop! I hope you son feels better.
    Nafisa

    ReplyDelete