Thursday, February 28, 2013

A Request

Hello family, friends and people who randomly stumbled upon this blog.

So many people have asked me what they can do for me and to please let them know what I need.  Well, I thought of something that everyone can do to really make a statement.

I am asking everyone to wear PINK on Thursday, March 7 (my first day of chemo).  Then, email, text or Facebook pictures of yourself to me (my mom, my husband) in all your pink glory.  As I receive them throughout my treatment I will be reminded of all the people out there who support me.  We need to make a statement to let people know that more and more women under the age of 40, even 30 are being diagnosed with breast cancer. Together we can spread the word that breast cancer is not JUST an older woman's disease!

UPDATE:
If you are on Facebook you can post your pictures here:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/541817829174840/permalink/541841662505790/?notif_t=like 

You may have to copy and paste the link into your browser.  Or, you can search Facebook for the group, Wear Pink MARCH 7, 2013.

If you are not on Facebook, please email your pictures to ladybug1919@hotmail.com.  With your permission, I may post some of the pictures here on my blog.  

Some of you have my mom's or my cell phone number.  Feel free to text the pictures. Sorry, but I will not be posting my number here on my blog.


Thanks again for everything!


9 comments:

  1. Hey Caity,
    I'm so sorry you're going through this, and hope that everything goes as smoothly as possible so that you can return to your wonderful, 'normal', working body and be the best you that you can be as soon as possible. In the meantime, keep your spirit up and keep sharing your experience- I'm sure somebody will benefit from it, and the biggest beneficiary of your writing might just be you (not a bad thing). Thinking of you and planning to wear pink on the 7th. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somewhere on some part of my body I rock a little pink for you everyday. You are inspirational to me and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're doing well today. I'm praying for you. Let me know whatever you need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be wearing pink and sending positive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about this Caity. I will keep you in my thoughts and hope for a smooth and quick recovery. Please give the Buck family my hellos as well. Stay strong! xo- Jenn McGowan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caity you will beat this. You and your family is in my thoughts are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete