Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Baby Proofing Myself

So last night Hudson was using my implant as a means to support himself while he tried to stand up on the couch.  Thank goodness I cannot feel anything in that area because I am sure my skin probably did not enjoy the positions it was being stretched.  Later that night I had to make sure I was not lop-sided, haha.

The other day Hudson threw his head in frustration and landed his forehead directly on my port.  It was such an unexpected, immediate shooting pain that all I could do was nearly launch him off me.  I yelled for Frank to pick him up before I lost it.

Both of these episodes made me realize that my post-mastectomy & chemo-prepared body is not designed for the sporadic movements of a baby.  From now on I need to baby proof myself before holding Hud.  So far that only consists of laying the couch pillow on my chest for protection.  Doesn't make for great interactions with my little man.

I will have to keep experimenting until I figure out the best protection.  My implant is going to be with me forever and my port is here to stay for at least a year. I want to be able to play with my little man as soon as my back is feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment